Local African Companies Produce Outsized Success
Filed in: medium-sized enterprise, economic growth, boston consulting group
Written by Wesley Cate on July 15, 2015
From Financial Times’ This is Africa Magazine: Six local African companies are giving their globalized competitors a run for their money in their home markets, according to a new report by the US-based Boston Consulting Group. This is the first time that so many countries from the African region have made BCG’s Local Dynamos rankings, highlighting the dynamism of the continent’s maturing markets.
According to the BCG report, these medium-sized local dynamos exhibited six tendencies:
- They cater to customers and local conditions.
- They leverage digital technologies
- They operate at warp speed
- They adapt to uncertainty and circumstance
- They build talent engines
- They establish functional excellence