Filed in: investment
Written by Wesley Cate on July 8, 2015
With the rising interest in adding sub-Saharan Africa to emerging market portfolios, Harvard Business Review recently covered some of the myths of doing business in sub-Saharan Africa. These misconceptions include:
- There is no competitive urgency to build a presence in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Sub-Saharan Africa's growth is all about natural resources and consumer spending.
- Fast economic growth means quick returns.
- Sub-Saharan Africa is too volatile and unpredictable.
- Sub-Saharan African markets can be prioritized merely by using data.
- Relying solely on distributors is a sustainable Africa strategy.
- South Africa is the natural hub from which to manage a sub-Saharan Africa business.
Read more here.